DISCOUNTED NEW HOMES FOR LOCAL PEOPLE
Following the dismissal of our previous planning application at Hawkan View it is our intention to formulate a new application without delay in order to deliver the new homes and to secure a piece of land adjacent to the village hall, together with funds for its future development. The land will be used by the trustees of the hall for the benefit of the parish.
We intend to re-submit the 14 home scheme retaining an element of the homes for low cost local ownership. In order to successfully achieve such a planning approval the District Council would require Pearce to identify the people within the Parish that would qualify to buy a low cost open market home on this site.
We are therefore calling upon those who are in housing need and would like to buy a two bedroom home benefitting from a minimum 30% discount, yet owning 100% of the freehold, to apply.
Expressions of interest can be accepted from persons that meet the Council’s Occupation Criteria – these are in relation to [in order of priority] the Parish, Adjoining Parishes or the Torridge District Council area as follows:
- Minimum continuous period of residence of 5 years, or
- Employment for a minimum continuous period of 5 years, or
- Current employment in an agricultural related activity, the emergency services, professional healthcare, social worker or qualified teacher
- Have strong established links by reason of birth or family and wishing to stay in, or return to, the Parish (applicable to young and old).
- Applicants must not already own property and be in housing need.
People who may be interested in purchasing one of these properties should in the first instance contact the clerk to Parkham Parish Council.
Mrs Sue Squire
Haxlea, 2 Threeways
Bratton Fleming. EX31 4TG
May we thank the Parish Council and members of the public of Parkham for the continued support of our scheme.