Parkham Parish Church
Parkham church (St. James) is mainly a 15th century structure, with early 16th century aisles. It has a fine late Norman S. doorway (c. 1160-70), and a Norman font surrounded by some excellent medieval tiles. The N. aisle was erected by the Risdons. The S. aisle is of the same date, and may have been erected by the Giffards of Halsbury. There are inscriptions to the Giffards of Halsbury from 1595 to 1712. - See more at:
A country church with 84 ft tower where the 6 bells are regularly rung. A church has been present on the site since Norman times but little remains from that period except the arch to the main door. There is evidence of building from the 14th century and through to Victorian times.