Parkham Parish Church
Parkham church (St. James) is mainly a 15th century structure, with early 16th century aisles. It has a fine late Norman S. doorway (c. 1160-70), and a Norman font surrounded by some excellent medieval tiles. The N. aisle was erected by the Risdons. The S. aisle is of the same date, and may have been erected by the Giffards of Halsbury. There are inscriptions to the Giffards of Halsbury from 1595 to 1712.
A country church with 84 ft tower where the 6 bells are regularly rung. A church has been present on the site since Norman times but little remains from that period except the arch to the main door. There is evidence of building from the 14th century and through to Victorian times.
All are welcome at our services. If you're new or a visitor, then please make yourself known to us. Please check 'Church Events', but our usual pattern is:
1st Sunday 11 am Holy Communion
2nd Sunday 10 am-12 noon Sunday Breakfast (alternates between Church and Chapel)
3rd Sunday 11 am Holy Communion
4th Sunday 11 am Morning Worship
5th Sunday 11 am Morning Worship (in either the Church or Chapel)
"... means the action the Church takes to promote a safer culture in all our churches. In order to achieve this, we need to do a lot of hard work. We will promote the welfare of children, young people and adults. We will work to prevent abuse from occurring. We will seek to protect those that are at risk of being abused and respond well to those that have been abused. We will take care to identify where a person may present a risk to others and offer support to them whilst taking steps to mitigate such risks."
The above paragraph is quoted from the Parish Safeguarding Handbook which is available here: (link to the Parish Safeguarding Handbook https://exeter.anglican.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Parish-Safeguarding-Handbook-October-2018-v2.pdf.)